Working all day bent over a computer, driving long distances, poor posture while standing or sitting, stress and tiredness are all factors that can cause the muscles in the neck and upper back to become tight and the joints to become stiff, which can contribute to ongoing neck pain.
How can our osteopathic treatment help neck pain?
- Osteopaths will use a wide range of gentle manual treatments depending on your age, fitness and diagnosis to reduce muscular tension in the neck and improve movement in the joints of the head, neck and upper back. We may gently apply pressure to the soft tissues or joints to improve circulation, and to normalize alignment and range of motion.*
- Treatment is different in every individual and sometimes it might involve treating other areas such as back and shoulders in addition to the neck.*
- We may offer advice on your lifestyle particularly if we feel something you are doing repetitively is part of the reason why you have back pain. We may offer advice on your posture and give advice on diet and exercise or give you specific exercises.*
- X-rays, scans or other tests may be ordered as needed.
Some of the neck conditions we treat:
- Acute neck pain
- Chronic neck pain
- Disc problems
- Radiating pain into the arm
- Whiplash injuries
- Headaches & migraines